Why Soy candles?
Traditional high street candles are made from paraffin wax, which is not only bad for the environment, but it actually doesn't perform as well as soy wax! F.T.A uses soy wax to eliminate these problems, leaving you with a longer, cleaner burn and more enjoyable candle time!!
What is the best way to burn my candle?
1) Make sure to light your candle for AT LEAST an hour on the first burn. Ideally leave it burning until there is an even burn pool across the top of the wax.
2) Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm before each time you light.
3) Don't burn for longer than 4 hours at a time
Where can I see your products before purchasing?
Come say hi at the following markets over the summer period :)
- CRAFTY FOX NIGHT MARKET, Brixton Village, Thursday 20th June
- URBAN MAKERS MARKET, Old Spitalfields, Saturday 6th July
- THE LONDON ARTISAN MARKET, Old Truman Brewery London, Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st July
- SoLo CRAFT FAIR, St Barnabas Church Hall, Dulwich, Saturday 28th September
What is your delivery and Returns policy
All items are shipped Royal Mail 2nd Class as standard, though posting upgrades are available at checkout.
Though I hope you will always be happy with your purchase, I do accept returns if you contact me within 14 days of delivery. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you information on what to do next. I ask that you ship unwanted items back to me in a re-saleable condition, within 30 days of delivery to receive a full refund.
Can I re-use my apothecary jar?
OF COURSE, & I recommend you do :)
If burned correctly, the wax will burn cleanly away from the sides of the jar, leaving you with only a small amount of wax at the very bottom. Follow these steps to reuse your jar;
- Heat the oven to 70-80 degrees C
- Remove the jar's lid and place the jar in the oven until the wax has melted
- Carefully remove the jar and pour the wax onto a hard surface to dry. (NEVER pour wax down the drain!!)
- Once dry, pop the unused wax in the bin and rinse the jar with warm, soapy water. The wick & metal sustainer will easily come away from the bottom of the jar at this point.
*YOU CAN ALSO POST YOUR JAR BACK TO ME FOR A DISCOUNT OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!!!* Email me for more info on this!